Chlorophyll never tasted so good!
Never in a million years did I think I would be a fan of green soup, let alone create a recipe raving about it. But this velvety spinach soup is going to make your tastebuds dance! Remove the thought of icky soil tasting muck and wrap your head around this green goodness. Make a quick mug for yourself after work or prepare a large batch for the family.
Spinach is a nutritious plant-based source of iron, a mineral that is crucial in transporting oxygen in the blood. Iron is also important for maintaining a strong immune system.
Chlorophyll is the pigment that gives plants their green color, the substance is found in all green plants. This pigment absorbs light and turns it into energy! If it gives plants energy it gives us energy, below are some of my favorite benefits.
Detoxifies the Liver
Helps Fight Cancer
2tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
4 Cloves Garlic
16oz Container of Spinach
1.5c Vegetable Broth *or more
Salt & Pepper to taste
Let’s Get Started
1.Peel and mince the garlic.
2. Heat oil over medium heat using a deep sauté pan.
3. Once oil is shimmering add garlic to pan and cook until fragrant.
*About 2-3 minutes, season with salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Add 5 cups of spinach to the pan, mix well with oil and garlic.
5. Once the spinach has cooked down add in 5 more cups.
6. Repeat the process until all spinach has been added *add oil if needed.
7. Once all spinach is cooked, stir well and give it a taste. Season to your liking.
8. Transfer spinach and garlic to blender along with warm broth.
9. Blend until smooth. *Add more liquid if you prefer thinner soup.
Pour it up and Enjoy
This recipe is so versatile and can be enjoyed as a main, side, or plate sauce. Enjoy your soup immediately or seal any leftovers in an airtight container. *Freezer Friendly